Royal Pets Essential Service – As COVID-19 continues to have a dramatic impact across the globe, our top priorities at Royal Pets remains the health and safety of the pets you entrust to our care, in addition to the health and well-being of our employees, and you, our valued clients.
Keeping pets on a routine, including regular exercise and socialization, plays a significant role in maintaining their overall health, so we want to share what we are doing to keep people and pets stay safe here at The Royal Pets Hotel, Pet Care and Enrichment. We hope this gives you the confidence that your pets are well-cared for, and that you will be safe as you arrive, depart, and interact with our team.
What we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep you working ?
As part of our standard practice, we use the pet industry’s most advanced protocols for cleaning and disinfecting accommodations, bedding, bowls, and play areas, multiple times each day. We wash our hands constantly, and always have sanitizers easily accessible for employees and clients use. We have implemented a no customer contact policy and will be following these procedures:
**Please Note Masks are Mandatory in SIMCOE COUNTY***
1) Staff (and we would ask the same of customers), will not be attending Royal Pets if experiencing potential symptoms of COVID-19. If you are returning from travel outside of Canada or from withIn a Canadian “hotspot” Please inform staff prior to arrival. We will either arrange to deliver or perform the exchange without you leaving your vehicle.
2) Upon arrival your pet needs to have a collar that you can undo (preferably not one that needs to slip over their head . If not we wiull need to complete exchange within the hotel), and a leash. We will ask you to remain outside with your dog leashed. We then will either proceed with the handover procedure in the car park – or if you prefer, we can at that point proceed into our reception area (we have renovated to allow for social distancing)
3) While you remain still, your dog will approach us and we will leash them. We then ask you to shorten your leash hold and grab your dogs collar and undo it while still attached to your leash.
4) Once undone, your dog is under our control, and we haven’t touched your dogs leash or collar and you haven’t had to touch ours.
5) Any provisions that your pet needs for their stay, will be left on the ground outside your car for us to collect.
6) During this time we ask that you don’t bring bedding or toys. We can only take food in bags or containers that do not need to be returned you. We won’t be passing anything back other than your dog. Please discuss individual needs when booking, i.e. what exceptions and under what circumstances.
7) In between each customer, the door handles, and any surfaces touched will be cleaned and disinfected with virucide (our products used regularly are already tested and proven against the family of Coronaviruses). increased ventialtion and air turnover is being used between each customer.
Our facility was designed for keeping pets healthy and safe. We monitor and maintain proper hygiene and ventilation to eliminate the spread of bacteria and viruses. We believe every pet deserves this level of protection all the time and are making sure that the added contagion doesn’t change this protection.
What is most important is that you remember we are here to help and only a phone call away. With knowledge we can take the steps necessary to keep each of us as safe as possible, including our four-legged family members. We have a safe and healthy alternative to your pets joining you on that staycation or self isolation, or worse going crazy at home while you work all hours of the day. Just reach out and we can find a way forward for you.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Your Royal Pets Care-Givers